Sunday, March 31, 2013

Miraculous March 2013!

Wow, March was sooooo long ago, let's see if I can remember what was happening.....
Had a great snow early in the month. All the snow was sticking to the trees--it was awesome!! Here's a pic.
Then it was Nathan's birthday. He was totally spoiled by his extended family members!!!
Here he is with all his loot! 

 I LOVE the spot that Nathan made to keep his Minecraft sword and pick axe!!! : ) 
Funny story about the cake though.....Thanks to Grandma, I was able to make square cupcakes for his birthday. Nathan picked the cake and frosting flavor and then I found these letters to use to say Happy Birthday. Well, the set only had one "N", which I used at the beginning of his name, so I had to improvise at the end--I turned the "Z" sideways to make an "N". So I had the word "Birthday" all on one line and then the "Z" at the end of Nathan's name. I went off to find my camera to take pictures and apparently while I was gone Alan decided that "Birthday" looked too cramped all on one line, so he put "day" on it's own line and he straightened out the "Z" for a joke. I took like ten pictures of the cupcakes (the lighting was giving me fits--still never worked out quite right) and then served them before noticing what he had done!!!!!! I was not happy! But what could I do, it was all over with so I had to (eventually) let it go!
We, or course, celebrated Nathan's birthday ON his birthday and his Dad got him a giant cupcake to celebrate!

(Nathan did have a friend party, but not until April, so you'll have to wait for those pics.)
Then Easter was at the end of the month. So we had egg coloring festivities.
Nathan was so proud of his creeper egg!!

Scott was an egg coloring machine.....





Alan was traumatized that one of his eggs had a hole in it..
Then we had egg hunting. Alan's uniform this year was (his Dad's!) Carhart bibs (they were a little big), instead of the tarp from last year..
Here are Scott and Nathan showing off their hauls.....

And that concludes March's festivities. Except of course to say how grateful I am for the sacrifice that Jesus made, offering an atonement for our sins and allowing us the opportunity to repent, and giving his own life so that we might all be resurrected and have the opportunity to live together forever. I am so thankful for my testimony of these things and for the Gospel! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment