April was kind of a mixed month...
First, Nathan had his friend party for his birthday. Can anyone guess the theme? Anyone? That's right--Minecraft. I worked really hard (in between classes and homework and field placement, etc.) to get everything just right! I think I did pretty good!! The cake was more square cupcakes with Minecraft decorations.
First, there was pin the present on the Enderman.
Who knew they were so hard to get just right on the dimensions?!?
Then there was a creeper bowling, Minecraft ring toss and a treasure hunt....
Finally--the sweet ghast pinata I made. Here's Alan holding it for pictures. I also recruited him to hang it in the tree. For his efforts, he was allowed to take a whack or two at it! : )
And of course it wouldn't have been "fair" to let Alan hit it but not Scott, so he got a turn too.
The festivities ended with Minecraft bingo and gift bags. All in all, I'd say it was a big success! Whew!
Next up we had to say good-bye to Alan's birds. The green and yellow one mysteriously passed away so we needed to find a home for the blue one who had been pulling out his own feathers for a while. I was trying to find a place for him before the other one died, but hadn't had any luck. They are social birds, so I was extra motivated when we lost the green one. Amazingly enough, one of the girls in my field placement class had an outside aviary and she was super excited about taking the bird. YEA!
He had a great new home and new friends!
Happy ending! : )
Then I finished my field placement. The teacher I was working with was fabulous!!! She was great to work with and taught me a few things! She got me an amazing cake as a going away gift and she had the students sign this huge poster for me--it was awesome! : )
And we ended the month getting a picture of Scott standing in front of the display case at school where they had his picture because he was chosen as Outstanding sixth grader for the third quarter. He was chosen because he's a good kid and gets good grades. I was so proud!! : )
Pretty exciting month--except for the bird part, that was a little sad, but I guess those things are just part of life. Next, on to May.....

No comments:
Post a Comment