Friday, June 8, 2012

Joyous June 2012!

So, back to my usual being behind on posts...
Let's see....June....ah yes...I needed to finish the story about the baby birds!
So, I'm walking out to my car one day and right behind my car on the floor of the garage this is what I see....
 Apparently, mama decided it was time for the little ones to move along--but not unlike some little ones, they didn't seem entirely ready or excited about the plan! So they just huddled in a little group right below the nest. Well, I had to leave so I tried to shoo them out the door into the grass--epic fail! Mama wasn't happy either--I could hear her yelling at me from the crab apple tree in our front-side yard, right outside the garage!! Anyway, they scattered all through the garage and some went out into the grass. Since I didn't have time to mess with it I took my motorcycle instead. Then when I got home, I went to check the situation......
I didn't see any of the babies in the garage or in the side yard, but I could still hear mama bird yelling so I knew they had to be close. Then as I started walking toward the back yard I could hear them peeping. As I went closer to the wood pile (left side of the picture above) I could hear them better. Sure enough they were huddled around the wood pile. But I didn't see them all. So I went inside and decided to check on them a little later. When I went out again, I went straight to the wood pile. (Yeah, yeah, the wood pile looks like a mess--it's on my list of things to deal with!) So, I could hear them peeping and when I looked right in that little hole (like in the middle of the A made by those two slanted boards) 
this is what I saw.....
How cute is that?!? So they apparently all got out of the garage and through the side yard and under the wood pile--and they were all together!!! Too cute!!! I checked back on them later in the day and they were all gone. I'm assuming they all learned to fly and made their way off into the big world, safe and sound and 
lived happily ever after! The End. : )
So then, onto some other news....
Scott had his end of the school year awards ceremony. The event resulted in some mixed feelings. Scott was all excited about getting an award for Perfect attendance, but they didn't call his name with the other 8 kids. Afterwards, I checked on that and found out that he had received 1 tardy--that's right, I said 1 (one) tardy--not an absence or an early dismissal, a tardy--I was NOT please. I really thought that still deserved a Perfect attendance recognition--but I don't write the school rule handbook.... He did however receive a President's Education Award for outstanding academic excellence--which was pretty impressive!!
I'm pretty proud! Great job Scott!! : )
 He also received a certificate for being on safety patrol (making sure the other kids stay safe as they get on their buses at the end of the school day).
I think I was most grateful for school to be over because of Alan!! After making him turn in a bunch of assignments so he wouldn't fail English, and driving him to school a few mornings so he could finish his sewing project and not fail Family/Work life, he spent his time on really important things--constructing a Lego Sopwith Camel! It had a lot of pieces and took him a few hours to put together--turned out pretty cool! Nice job Alan! : )
 Then there was the sad arrival of our last days at the day care center that we've been using for the last twelve years!!! These are a few of our favorite teachers.....
Ms. Robin, Ms. Lisa and Ms. Hart...


We really will miss these folks--
they helped us raise our kids over the years!!!
Hallelujah it's summertime!!!!!
Stay tuned for the fascinating details of the Florida trip.....
maybe those will be posted before September.....maybe.....

No comments:

Post a Comment