Exciting event #1: Nathan got a new excavator for an "end-of-the-year" gift. He was so excited!!! I think that's excavator # 1,346....Anyway, I told him that he couldn't sleep with it in his bed because he might roll on it and break it or hurt himself. So he found a special place for it. We got a fireproof safe for Christmas and Nathan decided that was the perfect place for his excavator!! So he tucked it all in and said "take a picture"--how can you resist that!! So I did.
Exciting event #2:
I signed Nathan up to play softball, while he's not such a big fan of actually playing the game, he is a HUGE fan of all the dirt they have at the fields and the gators (John Deere gators that is) that roam around. One parked right next to the field where he was finishing his game. He promptly grabbed his snack and parked himself right on the gator to eat it!! So after he sits down he says "hey Mom, take my picture for the blog!" For the what?!? Unbelievable!! So here he is....
One of the draw backs of softball for Nathan is how ridiculously hot it can get standing out in the field. So one day he's outside playing and he comes in, grabs an ice cube out of the freezer (when did he get tall enough to get ice cubes out of the freezer?!?!?!), lays himself down on the chair, lifts his shirt and lays the ice cube right on his belly. I had to ask: "Nathan, what's wrong?" He says in his most pathetic voice "Oh Mom, I have a sweat!" A what?!? Ha! Ha! LOL!! Love it!! Fortunately, he recovered from his sweat and he was OK! Whew, that was close!!
Otherwise, Nathan's having a relatively productive summer....(being the cruel Mom that I am--it's true, just ask my kids!!!) I'm trying to teach the boys some life skills. I'm calling it Independence Training--boiled down, that's known as chores!! : ) Anyway, there are a few things that Nathan's working on......he's learning our address and he's working on writing his lower case letters. I have this placemat that has the lower case letters on it, so I'm having him trace them for starters.......he concentrates so hard.....cutie!!!
Next will be learning our phone number, tying shoes, making his bed & making sandwiches. Then we'll see..

No comments:
Post a Comment