So Alan's summer has consisted mostly of Scout camps, mowing lawns and hanging out......without his Ipod, which he lost--so sad!!! : ( Ah well.....live and learn I suppose. OK, so I forgot to mention the totally cool fireworks that we watched from our house--that we helped set off--the purchasers of whom shall remain nameless......they were TOTALLY cool!!!! Alan had a blast--literally, with no injuries!! : )
I wanted to take a picture of him with his big ol' pack on after he got back from NYLT, but he wouldn't let me. This time I wouldn't take "no" for an answer, so here he is......cutest, uh, I mean the most handsome Boy Scout EVER!!
I was so proud of him! He earned 4 Merit Badges and the World Conservation Award. (He got two more Merit Badges almost done, just one requirement each--he can get those done no problem!!) He earned his Star rank this Spring and could earn his Life by October/November--depends on how motivated he is and when the next Court of Honor will be. Either way, I'm pleased!! (He even sewed his Star badge on his uniform himself!! I should have got a picture of THAT!!) He wanted me to take a picture of the bite he got from the 4 foot long rat snake he tried to catch at camp, but I didn't get it before it healed up--my bad!!
And of course
it wouldn't be summer without some softball--
how cute, uh, good looking, are these ball players!!!
My very own boys of summer!!
I'm such a lucky Mom!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment