Monday, September 5, 2011

First Day(s) of School

So what fun would it have been for all my kids to start school on the same day?
Not nearly as fun as stretching it out for two weeks....
with my school starting the third week!! *sigh*

Anyway, here are Scott and Alan on their first day of school, August 23rd..... (oh how I wish Alan could figure out how to fake smile!) Oh well, he's still handsome--and still shorter than me!! : )
YUP, I totally had Scott stop for a picture as he was getting on the bus....and he DID!!! : )
 And then on August 29th, we had Nathan's first day of school!! He was so excited!
He was way excited about his new cool, flame backpack
(that ended up going back to the store because it was too small--so sad!)

 Here he is on the way to the bus stop with big brother Scott!! Not sure who's happier here, Nate or Scott. Scott was almost as excited about Nathan riding the bus as Nathan was!!! Cuties!!

For weeks, all Nathan talked about was riding the bus with his best bud, and neighbor, Nick!!
 
Here's my sweet boy posing for his "getting on the bus for the first time" picture!!!!
Bitter sweet!! 
sniff, sniff--little tear
 Last, it's my turn (again). You'd think I'd be a little more excited about my new adventure, but alas, I'm not; I'm dreading it!!! One of those things you have to do to get to the other side. But my adorable sister made it easier for me by sending me a back to school care package....
Ha! Ha! She cracks me up....
my favorite items in the box.....
~Red Vine licorice (already gone!! YUM!)
~the huge erase "for big mistakes"
~post-its--'cause I love post-its!!
~popcorn, or course
~the huge magnifying glass to help me read my assignments (that was funny!!)
~the Addition and Subtraction workbook to help me with my complicated math (thank you very much)
~the funny glasses with a big nose (to scare my teachers with apparently--I think someone's going to claim them for Halloween this year)
~finally the Hello Kitty Pez dispenser, because how on Earth can a grown woman go back to school for a second Master's degree without one of those?!?!?
(Can you see my eyes rolling up in my head????!!!)
Seriously though, thanks Carol!!!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment